The Volunteer Finance Assistant will help with the banking and financial record keeping for all Coultershaw activities. We are a small charity and most transactions take place in our open season – Easter to September. Transactions are usually online but some visitors choose to pay or donate in cash. A Trustee will oversee the record keeping and prepare statutory accounts for independent examination.
- Pay, via bank transfer, authorised invoices
- Upload invoices (or photos of paper invoices). Retain paper copies.
- Keep an online record of all transactions and reconcile with the downloaded bank statements
- Periodically download online donation details and add to record keeping
- Provide a small cash float for each open day and collect and bank cash takings (this task can be shared with a more local volunteer if required)
- Keep a full cash record and periodically bank the receipts
- A good understanding of spreadsheets
- Familiarity with online payments and downloading bank statements
- 1~3 hours/week in the open season
- Less than 1 hour/week in the closed season