Michael Smith was responsible for the demolition in 1973 of the old concrete mill. He recently called at the mill – for the first time since 1973 – to pass on some photos he took during the demolition. At the time Michael worked for British Crane Hire wielding the wrecking ball. He remembered the difficulty of the project as he had to prevent debris falling into the basement and damaging the waterwheel and beam pump. The mill contained a large wooden silo running up through the mill and to save time this was set alight. Michael subsequently ‘demolished’ important historic buildings including a Smithy which was rebuilt at the Weald & Downland Living museum.
- Commemorating the fire which destroyed the old mill 11 April
- Wind in the Willows Theatre – July 2022 29 November
- Make A Difference 18 January
- Newsletter January 2022 14 January
- Researching the Power of the Rother 11 January